qsan92 writes that he has been able to boot FreeDOS from inside QEMU. Works great! (See also DOSEmu if you want to boot a DOS system from Linux.)
Hi, FreeDOS Beta 9 works nicely in QEMU 0.6.0. Instructions for make a good QEMU FreeDOS Beta 9 installation:
- At the CONFIG.SYS menu select 2 ("Safe Mode")
- Now write setup and press enter.
- Select 1
- Select the number relative at "Change screen mode"
- Select "Monochrome" (or in some unofficial CDs "Monochromatic" )
- Localize if required and select 1.
- Do what you usally do with the text installer!
ATTENTION! The first time I started FreeDOS installed with QEMU and executed EDIT, CuteMouse was crazy! Reboot and problem is resolved!
If you have any problem or questions about installing FreeDOS Beta 9 on QEMU 0.6.0 or above (cvs versions) write to the my email address: gsan92 at libero dot it
QEMU is available here: http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/